Coming August 2013: Otter’s Christian High School Biology!
UPDATE to this post for readers coming in via a link. The biology curriculum is now posted here:
*********Post before the update below***************
What is being developed:
- Free full color 700+ page textbook edited from the original CK-12 Biology book (open source creative commons license)
- Textbook will be available in a variety of formats like online, PDF, MOBI and EPUB
- Textbook has some interactive features embedded for students using it online or via mobile devices such as the iPad
- Free workbook correlated to the textbook to help your students remember key terms and concepts
- Edited textbook is from a Christian, creationist, young-earth perspective, but secular families can just use the original unedited text and still get the benefit of all the scheduled goodies, labs, etc.
- Free rigorous biology lab book – from a neutral perspective (only one evolution related lab that I do not schedule, no Christian material)
- Optional labs from a variety of sources – many of them free or low cost
- Links to great supplementary materials and resources such as videos, printables, activities and more
- A daily schedule with 3 different options (with or without human anatomy component, etc.)
- Schedule can be edited in Microsoft Word to accommodate your family’s needs, schedule and access to resources
- Free Bible study component that matches the year’s topics, specifically covering evolution vs. creationism, etc. with optional free study guide workbooks
- Additional recommended books scheduled in (but optional)
- Optional writing assignments to help you integrate language arts across the curriculum
- Free lab packet of printables for microscope labs, etc.
I’m so excited about there being an alternative to the “regular” biology options out there with something for a variety of situations and budgets. Stay tuned to my blog for the release date of Otter’s Christian High School Biology!