Looking for a NON-CHRISTIAN or secular biology curriculum?
If you are a secular family or a Christian family who believes in evolution, you can still use the Guest Hollow biology schedule with the ORIGINAL CK-12 biology textbook.
Please note that the original CK-12 book does NOT contain our edits, including the *Greek and Latin vocabulary roots, added humor, added videos, etc., BUT you can still use the schedule to access all the great labs, videos, and other activities that are listed and to plan out & guide your student’s year with biology.
*I plan on making a free printable packet with these roots on cut out cards in the future and will make them accessible to all eventually!
Secular Biology checklist:
- Use the free online schedule (or purchase a printable version of the schedule via the main Biology page).
During chapters 9 and 10 (weeks 16 and 17) you will need to schedule in all the regular material from the original CK-12 book and completely skip our schedule (as those weeks are devoted to creationism).
- Use the original CK-12 biology textbook as your spine book.
- Download the original CK-12 workbook.
The answers to the workbook are available via the resource tab on this page: https://www.ck12.org/workbook/CK-12-Biology-Workbook/.
- Take a look at the Guest Hollow Biology books and resources page to decide what extra books you’d like to use with the textbook (skip the optional Christian books). Sub in books from the unscheduled list to replace any Christian books in the schedule.
- Choose which labs you want to do by looking at the Biology Supply, Lab and Activities List.
- Download the Biology Printables Packet: A 2-page science experiment sheet, microscope lab sheet, and dissection sheet.
- Download the optional Wisconsin Fast Plants Genetic Experiment and Activities Sheet.
Here at Guest Hollow, LLC, we aren’t embarrassed about our beliefs, but we are respectful of others who believe differently. We know what it’s like to want to find the perfect curriculum, and while we believe our edited textbook isn’t likely to be a match for someone who believes in evolution, you can still get some great ideas for activities (and reading assignments) from us! We want you to have the BEST year homeschooling with biology, and believe that our extras and activities can help you achieve that!