Guest Hollow’s Big Bad Beautiful Booklist -History Edition
Guest Hollow’s Big Bad Beautiful Booklist – History Edition is a timeline based, visual book and movie list. It’s a must-have for any homeschooler or book lover!
With a membership to this timeline, you can look up a period or date in history and see great books, movies, and documentaries listed according to when they happened.
There are so many uses!
- Studying something that happened in 1210? Browse the timeline and browse the resources!
- Wondering what happened at the same time as the Fall of Rome or another event? Take a look!
- Need some extras for World War II? Head over to 1939 and scroll through 1945 to get some great ideas.
- Want to read your way through history or read some adult titles as your kids study a particular time period? Head to the timeline to see what’s listed.
- Want to supplement your current history program or find some book substitutions? This list has you covered.
- Does your student love books set in a certain era, and you need book suggestions? Take a look and see what’s listed.
- Are you a Christian who would like to add in some Christian books to your history study? We’ve marked Christian books with a ♛ icon to make that task quick and easy.
Our booklist makes it easy to see the flow of history thanks to the colorful book and movie covers. Click a book or movie cover to read more about it or purchase it. You can also read some of the books for free (more on that below).
Book lovers rejoice!
See how it works in the video below or keep scrolling to read more and see an entire section for free!
What the Big Bad Beautiful Booklist – History Edition is and isn’t.
This book and movie list is NOT a curriculum. It’s intended to enhance any history curriculum or just provide a go-to resource if you are looking for a book or movie set in a specific time period.
Here’s the extra icing on top:
We’ve linked to hundreds of FREE books you can check out online and view on a computer, device, or cast to a TV. Many of these books also come with free audio (via a built-in screen reader). We look for a free (and legal) version of a book every time we list one. You have the potential to save hundreds of dollars, but that’s not all…
We’ve scoured OpenLibrary.org and other resources for out-of-print and hard to find books that are FREE to read (and/or listen to), making a multitude of these difficult to track down books *instantly available. Old and wholesome favorites like the Landmark Book series are just a click away.
*We can’t guarantee access to free books on the linked to websites, since we are not associated with the Open Library or any other linked to resource. Books may be checked out or unavailable for whatever reason.
This Guest Hollow item is online. There are no physical copies. This purchase price is for a one year membership/access.
Already a customer? Go to “My Account” to log in and access your Big Bad Beautiful Booklist -History Edition membership or click here to directly access it if you are already logged in. Need help logging in? Check out our help page!
BBBB is Suggested For…
Guest Hollow’s Big Bad Beautiful Booklist -History Edition is suggested for:
● All ages, including adults
● Book lovers
● History lovers
● Supplementing any history curriculum
● Teaching multiple ages
● Finding new, great reads or movies related to history
● Families who are looking to save money with access to FREE and legal books online
● Families with poor library access
What You Get
Guest Hollow’s Big Bad Beautiful Booklist -History Edition provides:
✔ An online book and movie list in a visual, timeline format
✔ *Links to many FREE books you can check out online and view on a computer, device, or cast to a TV
✔ *Links to tons of FREE classic and out-of-print books (like the Landmark Book series and much more)
*We don’t guarantee access to the free books, since they may be checked out or unavailable for whatever reason and we are not associated with the Open Library or any other linked to resource.
How it Works
1. Browse to a point in history from 1 A.D./CE to the present (a B.C. / BCE portion is in the works and is also viewable with your subscription).
2. Look at the books and movies in your chosen time period.
3. Click on the book and movie covers to read more about them (via Amazon and other linked sites). You can also check out some of the books for FREE via OpenLibrary.org and other similar resources. Freebies are marked with this icon: 🎁
● Items are organized in the following categories:
● Christian books are marked with this icon ♛, so you can easily add in Christian books to your history studies!
I’d like to see a sample!
Click here to see a sample of Guest Hollow’s Big Bad Beautiful Booklist -History Edition from the 1800s.
The story behind Guest Hollow’s Big Bad Beautiful Booklist -History Edition
When I was homeschooling my kids, I got fed up with the homeschool history programs that were available at the time. I absolutely LOVE history, and I wanted to cover history chronologically and in depth. Because I couldn’t find a curriculum that met our needs, I created a timeline-based history curriculum. I linked all sorts of books, movies/videos, “spine” books (a spine book is the backbone of a study), etc. in an online timeline format. I added unlinked mapwork, recipes, activities, crafts, website links, etc. We loved it and used it for years.
I decided to take this easy-to-use and helpfully formatted history booklist and share it with the world, so others can benefit from this fantastic resource!
The new and even better version I’ve made for YOU
I’ve taken my original idea, enhanced it, and made something that I think every homeschooler studying history and every book & history lover should have access to. Our Big Bad Beautiful Booklist is also something you can browse over and over. We will be adding books and movies to it over time, so there will often be new items to discover! With tons of great book and movie ideas, history will come to life!
Does this booklist come with ____________?
✘ books or movies?
No. We link to books and movies, but we don’t provide them. You can read about and purchase the books and movies through Amazon or check some books out for free via OpenLibrary.org or other resources we link to.
✘ a printable book list?
No. Our booklist is in a visual, online format. If you install the free Library Extension browser extension, you can easily see if a book is available to check out at your local library if you view the title on Amazon.
F.A.Q. for Guest Hollow’s Big Bad Beautiful Booklist -History Edition
Click or tap the button to join our Facebook groups! You can get additional questions answered, see pictures of students’ projects, get help and encouragement from other homeschoolers, or browse through the multitude of posts to get a feel for our products and see what real people think of Guest Hollow!
Like what you see? Join the Guest Hollow family and add Guest Hollow’s Big Bad Beautiful Booklist -History Edition to your cart!
Reviews: See what our customers have to say!
If you’ve purchased Guest Hollow’s Big Bad Beautiful Booklist -History Edition, we invite you to write a review and leave your thoughts about it here. Scroll down to the review box below the following customer reviews. We look forward to seeing your feedback!
Shawnele Surplus (verified owner) –
I cannot say enough about how fabulous this booklist is – and I especially appreciate how it hits all the levels: kids, homeschool, adults, and videos. I have not owned this long, but have used it quite a bit – it is a go-to source for me in finding books to augment what we’re already studying, but also when I need a family movie or a good audiobook for our drives.
Jennifer Guest –
We love your feedback/review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write up and share your thoughts about it. You totally made our day. I hope your review helps others who are debating a purchase! 🙂