Are you ready to learn American government?
Get ready to learn about American government as only Guest Hollow can do it in this absolutely FREE textbook! Why are we offering this as free textbook? Have a look at our About Us page, and you’ll get a sense of who we are and why we care about homeschoolers like we do.
Having said that, please consider using Guest Hollow, LLC as your source for other curriculums and materials. Despite being a tiny mom-and-pop company, Guest Hollow LLC has a lot to offer, and it’s growing all the time.
This FREE book is designed to be used with Guest Hollow’s Government, Economics, and Personal Finance Curriculum, but anyone is free to use it.
Reading tip: When reading the online textbook, don’t forget that most browsers will allow you to increase the font size of the page you are reading (if that’s something you need) to make the reading more comfortable. 🙂
Video tip: You can change the speed of YouTube videos. You can click settings on the YouTube video player and pick a faster playback speed up to 2x the speed. I watched a lot of the longer informational videos at this speed with no loss in understanding or retention. You may want to try it as well if you are short on time and if you can process the audio at a faster speed. 😉 Similarly, you can slow down the speed if it is hard to catch a word or phrase.
- Chapter 1: American Government and Civic Engagement
- Chapter 2: The Constitution and Its Origins
- Chapter 3: American Federalism
- 3.1 The Division of Powers
- 3.2 The Evolution of American Federalism
- 3.3 Intergovernmental Relationships
- Chapter 4: Civil Liberties
- Chapter 5: Civil Rights
- Chapter 6: The Politics of Public Opinion
- Chapter 7: Voting and Elections
- Chapter 8: The Media
- Chapter 9: Political Parties
- Chapter 10: Interest Groups and Lobbying
- Chapter 11: Congress
- Chapter 12: The Presidency
- Chapter 13: The Courts
- Chapter 14: State and Local Government
- Chapter 15: The Bureaucracy
- Chapter 16: Domestic Policy
- Chapter 17: Foreign Policy