Welcome to Guest Hollow’s Biology Curriculum!
Guest Hollow’s Biology Curriculum is a FREE Christian homeschool biology curriculum that incorporates a free high-quality textbook, videos, tons of labs to choose from with a multitude of budget and interest options, living books, a free workbook & answer key, incorporated Greek & Latin roots vocabulary, an independent study schedule, and more!
Kids who’ve HATED their other science curriculum(s) love the switch to Guest Hollow!
*Secular families can use our schedule with the original CK-12 biology book. Click here for more info.
Some of things you’ll find in our biology curriculum:
- A “pretty” and visual, high-quality virtual textbook that
- is from a creationist standpoint
- is FREE – That’s right! No need to shell out $85 or more for a biology textbook!
- A variety of lab options without ONE focus (some biology programs are all about dissections and little else, etc.)
- Labs you can easily do at home with a minimum of investment that are still rich and worthwhile
- Something that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg
- Plenty of “living books” to supplement topics and bring concepts to life in ways a textbook can’t
- Activities, games & extras to make biology fun and easier to learn & retain
- Something laid out via a weekly format with a schedule you and your student can follow
- Videos to help illustrate concepts
- A curriculum that is appealing in multiple ways and engages interest
- Printables to help gauge your student’s learning and help develop study skills
- Cross-curricular assignments, so biology isn’t studied as an isolated subject
We’ve taken the well-known and rigorous CK-12 biology textbook and edited it (thanks to a Creative Commons licence) to fit a Christian creationist perspective. Edits are as follows:
- References to evolution taken out
- New videos added (you can watch them right from the online text!)
- Christian material added
- Definitions placed with vocabulary words in the beginning of each chapter
- New pictures added
- Custom illustrations created to better communicate concepts
- Additional concepts and material added
- Some humor was added and/or sections rewritten to be more clear / understandable
- Latin and Greek root word “alerts” were created and inserted in the text – a fun way to learn vocabulary using science!
- Human anatomy portion taken out – as we don’t believe several weeks study is adequate for a rich understanding of the human body. Click here for our year-long anatomy curriculum, instead.
Besides editing the textbook, we’ve researched labs and activities from a variety of sources for a variety of budgets, created a comprehensive year-long daily/weekly schedule, put together workbook pages to help students better learn and retain the textbook material, researched and added in some terrific links, videos and other resources and added a list of supplementary reading to expand on the textbook concepts via “living books“.
There aren’t many options for a solid Christian high school biology curriculum that is low cost and has lots of options, extras and engaging material to help expand concepts. That’s why we’ve created Guest Hollow’s High School Biology! We love science and want to give homeschooling families more options that are a bit different from the “norm”. Students and families love our curriculums! Try us, and you’ll see why!
Click here to read reviews from others who’ve used
Guest Hollow’s Biology Curriculum!
Please choose a link below to check out the different elements of
Guest Hollow’s Homeschool Biology Curriculum.
Get access to the free textbook and find out which books and videos (and other resources) I’ve chosen to supplement this year’s studies, including a Bible study covering creationist views with FREE high quality books you can access online (or purchase if you want them in hand). Find out where you can download additional free materials to help you teach your students.
View online a daily/weekly schedule of assignments, labs, & extra activities. The online schedule is linked to chapters of the book online so each textbook chapter is just a click away! The schedule also contains links to all sorts of extra goodies like printables, games, activities and more to help your learning come to life.
Want a PRINTABLE schedule? Click here to buy one at my store!
*Links & schedule yearly update: 2/2017
Click here for information on HOW TO ASSIGN GRADES.
Use this lab planner to get a quick overview of every scheduled lab so you can pick-and-choose the ones you want to do or skip. I’ve scheduled in a multitude of labs for every budget and interest level. You can use the free lab guide, or… choose from a variety of other interesting experiments and even access free online labs & videos. If you are on a strict budget, don’t panic. There are plenty of labs that can be done for free or low cost!
Download a free workbooks with many different activities to help your students better retain and learn concepts. Workbook pages are also directly linked via the daily / weekly schedule.
Hint: You can print in gray scale to save ink.
Your student can use these printable pages to record lab procedures and outcomes. I also have a variety of other printables like microscope observation pages to draw on, etc. After filling them out, place the finished sheets in your science notebook.
Use this page to help guide you, if you’d like to assign a book report as an extra assignment.
Download this document to help you plan an optional 45 day genetic experiment.
*Note: If you plan to use Otter’s Botany, you can choose to do this experiment for either biology OR botany. It’s up to you!
Guest Hollow’s Biology Curriculum is an excellent resource that we believe is simply more captivating, interesting, and affordable than most homeschool biology curriculums. Please help support our efforts by clicking on our tip jar and spreading the word about our website. Our small home business cannot survive without your patronage and donations!
Open book template graphic in the page above was provided by Graphics Fuel.