- Identify causes of mutation
- learn about different types of mutations
- Learn what evolution teaches about mutations
- See how mutations are a good example of science confirming the Bible.
Chapter 7.3 workbook pages
Get the workbook here: https://guesthollow.com/store/free-high-school-biology-workbook/
- Point mutations – mutations where one letter changes on the DNA sequence.
- Inversion mutations – a segment of DNA in a particular strand that reverses itself
- Insertion mutations – a segment of DNA, whether a single base pair or an extensive length, that is inserted into the DNA strand.
- Deletion mutations – a segment of DNA, whether a single base pair or an extensive length, that is deleted from the strand.
- Frame shift mutations – These mutations can be caused by an insertion or deletion of one or more letters not divisible by three, which causes an offset in the reading of the “letters” of the DNA.
Here is a printable to fill out after watching the video above:
CMIcreationstation – Small Dogs are Mutants
CMIcreationstation – Living Things are Designed to Diversify
Reading Assignments for this Chapter
Please read Chapter 7: Are Mutations Part of the “Engine” of Evolution? from the New Answers Book 2 (free online- follow the link below) to learn about mutations.
Then read: Effect of Mutations Down on the Farm, to see some examples of mutations.
Also, read one or two articles from here (your choice):
- There are different types of mutations.
- Observations confirm that mutations overwhelmingly cause a loss of information, not a gain, as evolution requires.
- Mutations are an example of science confirming the Bible.
Vocabulary quoted from http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab2/mutations-engine-of-evolution.
Previous: Protein Synthesis
CK-12 Foundation is licensed under Creative Commons AttributionNonCommercial 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC 3.0)”