Welcome to Guest Hollow’s Biology Curriculum schedule!
This online version of the schedule is provided as a courtesy. Access to this online schedule is not guaranteed due to various potential technical and business (and life!) circumstances.
If you’ve purchased the printable version of this schedule, please make sure you download the schedule from your store account. You can do so by visiting the “My Account” page. Visit the help page if you need more assistance. You can click directly on links either via your downloaded documents or this online schedule.
The online version of the schedule is kept up-to-date and will immediately reflect any changes we make to the schedule whether they are small or major updates. Make sure to keep a copy of your downloaded schedule to always have a copy that matches the books and resources you decide to purchase.
The Internet is always changing! If you find a dead link, please let us know by leaving a comment on the page where you found it, so we can keep this schedule as up-to-date as possible for everyone! Let us know, too, if you find any mistakes!
We hope you have a terrific year learning biology!
The Guest Family
© Guest Hollow, LLC
Click on each week below to see the online curriculum schedule. You can click directly on the links!
Last update: 8/11/2022. Click here to see the update history.
Want a printable schedule? Purchase one on the Guest Hollow High School Biology Curriculum product page!
|Week 1||1.1 Science and the Natural World|
1.2 Biology: The Study of Life
|Week 2||2.1 Matter and Organic Compounds|
2.2 Biochemical Reactions
|Week 3||2. 3 Water, acids and bases|
|Week 4||3.1 Introduction to cells|
3.2 Cell Structures
|Week 5||3.3 Cell Transport and Homeostasis|
|Week 6||4.1 Energy for Life|
4.2 Photosynthesis: Sugar as Food * You may want to SKIP or SKIM this section if your student is NOT “into” science and likely to not pursue science in the future
|Week 7||4.3 Powering the Cell: Cellular Respiration * You may want to SKIP or SKIM this section if your student is NOT “into” science and likely to not pursue science in the future.|
4.4 Anaerobic Respiration
|Week 8||5.1 Cell Division and the Cell Cycle|
5.2 Chromosomes and Mitosis
|Week 9||5.3 Reproduction and Meiosis|
|Week 10||6.1 Mendel’s Investigations|
|Week 11||6.2 Mendelian Inheritance|
|Week 12||7.1 DNA and RNA|
7.2 Protein Synthesis
|Week 13||7.3 Mutation|
7.4 Regulation of Gene Expression
|Week 14||8.1 Human Chromosomes and Genes|
8.2 Human Inheritance
|Week 15||8.3 Biotechnology|
|Week 16||9.1 Classification|
****CATCH UP / EASY WEEK******
|Week 17||10.1 Exposing the Flaws in Evolution|
****CATCH UP / EASY WEEK******
|Week 18||11.1 The Science of Ecology|
11.2 Recycling Matter
11. 3 Biomes
|Week 19||12. 1 Community Interactions|
12. 2 Characteristics of Populations
|Week 20||13.1 Prokaryotes|
|Week 21||14.1 Introduction to Protists|
14.2 Types of Protists
14.3 Introduction to Fungi
|Week 22||14.4 Ecology of Fungi|
14.5 Protists, Fungi, and Human Disease
|Week 23||15.1 Introduction to the Plant Kingdom|
15.2 Four Types of Plants
|Week 24||16.1 Plant Tissues and Growth|
16.2 Plant Organ: Roots, Stems, and Leaves
|Week 25||16.3 Variation in Plant Life Cycles|
16.4 Plant Features and Responses
|Week 26||17.1 Overview of Animals|
17.2 Overview of Invertebrates
|Week 27||18.1 Sponges, Cnidarians, Flatworms, and Roundworms|
18.2 Mollusks and Annelids
|Week 28||18.3 Arthropods and Insects|
18.4 Echinoderms and Invertebrates
|Week 29||19.1 Overview of Vertebrates|
|Week 30||19.4 Reptiles|
|Week 31||20.1 Mammalian Traits|
20.2 Reproduction in Mammals
|Week 32||20.3 Classification of Mammals|
20.4 Overview of Animal Behavior
8/11/2022 – Week 3: One of the lapbook links wasn’t working. It was replaced.
8/1/2022 – Week 21 – Episode 3 of Planet Earth was added in. The formatting of the printable schedule was also fixed (several tables in the later weeks were too long and messed up the page flow).
7/11/2022 – Amoeba Sister videos were added to multiple weeks.
5/5/2022 – The 2nd edition of Cells (by Ellen McHenry) was scheduled in. The following weeks were affected: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12
Week 4: The cell size and scale activity was added to the the schedule.
Week 27: The schedule prematurely stated that there were no workbook pages for the rest of the year, but there are pages for chapter 18.1. That’s been fixed now. 🙂
- Week 29: Instructions to dissect the frog from the Advanced Dissection Kit were added.
2/11/2022: Our big yearly link check was completed for this schedule.
The following schedule changes were made:
- The links for the study guides and answer keys that accompany the New Answers books have been updated.
- In week 12 of the Guest Hollow labs, the links for the DNA to Protein, Modeling Transcription, and Modeling Translation online activities have been updated.
- The week 28 IGHBE lab link for mealworms has been updated.
- Week 8: The animal mitosis slide link has been updated.
- Week 11: The BrainPOP Heredity link has been updated. A Recipe for Traits link has been updated in the extras section.
- Week 12: The K’Nex link was updated.
- Week 32: The BrainPOP movie about humans was changed to movies about mammals.
A huge thanks to our volunteer link checker, C. S.! We appreciate her so much!
Week 27: The link for The Genesis of Germs study guide has been updated: https://www.masterbooks.com/amfile/file/download/file/229/
- Week 12: The links for the online activities have been updated: DNA to Protein, Modeling Transcription, and Modeling Translation
Workbook section 4.3 – #12 was changed to false.
- Week 1: I added a link under the notes’ section for the free version of the Answers book.
- Week 1: The link for the Answers Book study guide was changed and a link to the answer key was added.
- Week 2: The Enzyme Catalyst link was updated.
- The animal mitosis slide link in the supply list was changed.
- The video Evolution vs. God was marked as unscheduled (you can watch it whenever you wish). The Gregor Mendel book was missing in the printable schedule book list. It was added.
- The link to the online enzyme catalysis activity is no longer working. It has been removed.
- Week 20: The link for the You Make Me Sick game is no longer working and has been removed.
- Week 18: The link for the Food Chain game is no longer working and has been removed.
- Week 12: The link for Protein Synthesis Race is no longer working and has been removed.
- Week 11: The link for Crazy Plant Shop is no longer working and has been removed.
- Week 6: The link for the Photosynthesis and Respiration game is no longer working and has been removed.
- Week 5: The links for the Cell Command Game and Cell Defense Game are no longer working and have been removed.
19.3 Amphibians was linked in week 29.
A note about BrainPOP was added to the printable schedule:
I’ve scheduled in some BrainPOP videos. Some high schoolers may find BrainPOP too childish. However, the videos are short and quite informational with short quizzes for each one. My kids still thought the BrainPOP videos were fun, even when they were older. You may want to look for a trial before spending the money on a subscription. If you decide BrainPOP is not a fit for your family, feel free to skip it.
All links were checked and broken links were fixed. Schedule formatting was changed. Videos were added in. Textbook links were updated to reflect our updated website. Workbook links were removed (as the workbook is now a single download found here: https://guesthollow.com/store/free-high-school-biology-workbook/)